Wednesday 10 December 2014

A walk on the bright side


We have a lot of heavy rain here lately so when a sunny day dawned I wanted to take full advantage. I walked along the beach and back through the forest.

 
A freighter waits in the harbour just off Lighthouse Park.
 

 
A golden eye watching another dive.

 
Hooded Mergansers I think

 
Shell and driftwood catching a few rays
 
 
a few patches of frost remained in shady areas


 
you know I love shells

 
the light is low this time of year but the sun was catching a few leaves and some moss



 
lots of mushrooms this time of year



 
a couple more patches of light

 


 
a creek and some birds
a varied thrush


 
a Pileated Woodpecker excavating the side of a tree

 
and finally a beautiful reflection
 
 
 
refreshed now I am back in the studio and here is what I have been up to
 
a new watercolour of a small town in the Veneto region of Italy:
 
called "Asolo" it is 14" X 20"
 
 
Well that is all for today, thanks for dropping by and happy Whimsy Wednesday, sorry about missing last week, a senior moment perhaps,
 
Gillian 

 


6 comments:

  1. Lovely scenic views. And a beautiful collection of birds. I would love to see the Varied Thrush! Beautiful images, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overcast skies have taken over Ontario too, I fear. Looks like you have found a little sunshine though.Your shell photos and frost photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful shots of color and light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the light in your photos and your painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the walk and do like the painting.
    It will soon be spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all of these photos, Gillian. Just beautiful! You made me realize Black Jack and I are not the only ones seeking out spots of light around us so I put a link to your post in mine today. Wishing you lots more light as you go about your day.

    ReplyDelete